Experienced Snowsport Instructor
Position: (Experienced) Snowsports Instructor
Place of work: Hakuba, Nagano, Japan
Hours of work: Refer to Individual Employment Agreement
Reports to: Respective Team Leader
We are looking for instructors who share our passion for snowsports and the mountains. As well as the ability to deliver excellent technical lessons our instructors are also sociable, entertaining, intelligent, friendly, enthusiastic and knowledgeable.
Company Objective: At Evergreen everyone is a valuable and integral member of the team. We want all our staff to feel welcome, valued and most definitely part of our team. We also want to allow for the growth and development of the human spirit through personal interaction with the natural environment, personal challenge and teamwork, and through always accommodating individual needs while maintaining a high standard of safety.
Position Overview: Evergreen International Instructors represent Evergreen Outdoor Center by taking a professional, enthusiastic and well-groomed approach. They are able to provide a high quality of ski and/or snowboard instruction and high level of guest service and extend themselves to ensure that our guests experience is a rewarding holiday in Hakuba. Guests will be of all ages and ability levels and lesson types will vary. You will help to ensure that every guest has a safe, fun & informative experience.
- Provide guests with a fun, safe, enjoyable and memorable learning experience Teach skiing and snowboarding to a wide range of our guest demographics at various levels.
- Conduct lessons according to the standards set out by your respective alliance and Evergreen International Ski School.
- Be knowledgeable of timing needed for lifts and teaching terrain so instructors are prompt for check-in and other lessons.
- Ensure that your personal schedule and availability is accurate; communicate absences and lateness as soon as possible to your Team Leader or Manager.
- Be knowledgeable of the programs Evergreen Outdoor Center offers. Be familiar with the safe use and instruction of the resorts chairlifts and carpets.
- Know and adhere to the 10 Alpine Responsibility Code rules. Teach them to guests during your lessons.
- Ensure students’ equipment is adequate and comfortable.
- Assist in setting-up and running special events when required.
- Know the safety procedures for missing or injured guests.
- Read and adhere to all instructions and policies in the EOC and EISS handbooks.
- Attend training clinics to enhance and improve your riding and teaching ability.
- Be prepared to assist other departments as needed.
- Assist Ski School Director, Operations Manager and Team Leaders as required.
Key Areas of Knowledge:
- Abide by policy and procedures as outlined in the EOC & EISS Handbooks.
- Adhere to Evergreen’s health and safety policies and incident/ hazard reporting system
- Industry specific certifications in ski &/or snowboard instruction
- Experience in ski &/or snowboard instruction, within a recognized Snowsport School
- Proven ability to quickly establish professional relationships and gain the confidence of guests of all ages and abilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Be fluent in English
- Be able to think outside the box and problem solve effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing personal development within the industry
- The ability to show compassion and empathy to students, while being sensitive to different personalities and cultures.
- Be willing to work as part of a team
- Adaptability to different learner types and range of lessons
- Strong communicator including visually, auditory, and kinaesthetic
- Passion for snowsports
Please Note: Successful candidates must be available for the following dates,
- Christmas: 24th DEC- 31st DEC,
- Chinese New Year: 25th JAN- 31st JAN,
- Large School Group: 4th FEB-7th FEB
If you are not available for any of the above dates please let us know in your application.
Confidentiality & Diversity
Applications at Evergreen Outdoor Center are treated with strict confidentiality. We use professional HR-Software which only grants access to your applications to HR, the Recruiting Manager and the interviewers.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.