English Adventure, the leader in English-language outdoor programs, is hiring for our upcoming Winter Ski Camp 2019 Job Description
This is a hybrid position, in which you will be a Ski instructor to a group of seven to ten kids during the day and a Room Leader the remaining time. Outside of our ski activities, you will supervise campers to ensure their entire camp experience is safe, fun, and memorable. You may lead campers who speak near-native English, or who are still learning English. For all campers, the ski camp is a chance to practice and improve their skiing abilities as well as their English with your help.
Camp is hard work! We support the campers from morning until night, but you'll have support staff around you, and some good breaks to make sure that you stay energized and are having fun too.
We are seeking hard-working, fun, and energetic English-speaking staff of any nationality.
- Age 18 or older
- Available for all training and all camp days. Please check job descriptions for further details.
- A very confident high-level skiing ability and willingness to learn ski instructing techniques
- A strong desire to help kids have a blast and make the most of their camp experience
- For domestic applicants, visa that allows you to work in Japan (work permit for Student visa holders)
- For overseas volunteers, recent background check is necessary.
English Adventure is a 100% nonsmoking workplace.
Pluses, but not requirements:
- Ski instructor experience and/or certification
- Previous experience working with kids in a camp environment
- Japanese language ability
- Teaching/leadership experience in outdoor settings
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
Winter Ski Camp 2019
- December 21-24: Training (need to arrive to the campsite in Tsunan by Dec 20th, to Japan by Dec 19th)
- December 26-30 or December 26-29(depending on the assigned group):Session 1
- January 3-6: Session 2
- Location: Tsunan, Niigata
- Renumeration: 15,000 yen per camp day (7,500 yen per training day) * We also offer Overseas Volunteer Package that covers flight and living expenses (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details)
- Reimbursement of transportation expenses from Tokyo to the campsite provided (please contact us for other parts of Japan)
English Adventure will provide training, paid at a reduced rate, prior to each camp. Attendance is mandatory for all staff. Our professional training is designed to make camps run smoothly, ensure the safety of our campers and staff, and will ensure you have the confidence necessary to have a great experience throughout the winter, spring or summer.
Want to know more?
Are you also interested in helping marginalised youth in Japan? Check out our sister organization, Mirai No Mori for more details.